Sunday, December 30, 2012

Muddiest Point


For me, figuring out when to use inequalities and equations with radicals and rationals is confusing.. I kept mixing them up. It clicked for me before the test but now I feel that I have already forgotten which is which. I think that you use inequalities with rationals to find where x is greater than 0. For radicals, I think you also use an equation to find where x equals 0. For a radical under a rational I think you use inequalities to find where x is greater than or equal to 0. I'm still kind of confused about this but I'm understanding it a little more that in the beginning.

Hannah B.

1 comment:

  1. Inequalities are used with radicals because we want to find where the expression under the radical is greater than or equal to (unless in the denominator) zero. Setting the denominator equal to 0 and solving is for rationals! You had them mixed up! We will continue to practice this, but please get some extra help when needed!

    ReplyDelete