Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Letter to myself

Dear 16 old year self,
        I never thought I would be the type of teenager to nag or get upset about small ridiculous things that they always argue about on TV  I guess that half of that stuff it's true and it's just a part of growing up. I hope that when I come back and read this later I am a more confident and mature adult. Too bad I cannot be that mature and wise adult now. Right now I am just a lost soul wandering in life.
       I have many useless dreams right now, many that I know I will not get too accomplish but dreams don't always have to come true. Sometimes dreams just serve as a something to take up space in our mind. Something that gives us hope and a reason to wake up every day and do the things we do. Having goals and dreams I think help someone move on from something else. For me right now I don't have a main dream really. I am just floating through limbo. Not sure of what I want to do yet or really of what I will become. It's frustrating to not really know what you want or what you need to do. But I guess for now that how my life is going to be like. Everything has a time and maybe the time for me to discover my talent isn't here yet.

        Sometimes I think about how cool it would be if I had the talent of singing or being so smart I could completely skip high school and move on to college. Becoming the youngest researcher about autism on earth. Haha yeah right! I could definitely accomplish those things, but not in the way I imagine them in my head. Sometimes you really have to accept who you are and just move on with life. Appreciate what you have, don't complain over the things you don't have. There is always a reason for everything is what I tend to think about when wishing I had some cool talent. I just think that in my life if I could at least make one person happy in life and make them smile I would be satisfied. My point is that maybe I can't find the cure for cancer or create peace all over the world but at least I can satisfy one person and make them happy. After all, everything has to happen one step at a time. If I can one person one smile, and the person makes someone else smile. Pretty soon the whole world will be happy and smiling! This isn't really a letter for myself anymore. I think it was just a post to vent about life haha. At least I hope when I come back to read this letter I am a better an happier person. A better version of my teenage self. "Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"- Richard L. Evans (Brainy Quote).

Thu

1 comment:

  1. The future holds great possibilities for you! If they don't just show up at your door, then go out and find them.

    ReplyDelete