Saturday, January 26, 2013

Progress

This unit on quadratics I found was easier for me than the last unit. Quadratics is actually one of my favorite units. I like the fact that it deals just a lot with factors. I know my basic multiplication pretty well and so thinking of numbers that multiply to get "c" and add to get "bx" was pretty easy. I had no problem solving and  factoring the quadratics. For the most part I understood everything we were learning and things were pretty clear. The only thing that really had me confused was the extreme values section. When we were isolating certain variables and then plugging it into another equation. I understood what the question was asking but I didn't know what was supposed to go into what. I didn't understand why you had to isolate y and plug into a equation with x. As I worked on the assignments though, I think things began to better understand it. The first couple problems were hard, but as more and more problems came kept I found them not so challenging anymore. I think I really just needed an example to follow by.

Thu

No comments:

Post a Comment