Saturday, January 5, 2013

B.O.B. "Real World Connection"

Being a senior I've already had the wonderful experience of taking the ACT. My first score was not at all what I had been predicting to score, so I had decided to take it again. Well my scheduled retake date was the weekend following the start of the new trimester. I had prepared as much as I thought I could possibly prepare. Reviewing my old practice tests and taking advantage of the free online tests, I thought I was good to go. I entered this class not having ever really seen or worked with intervals and interval notation, the only time I had seen it was on the first ACT test I took. Obviously having not ever seen it before that section of the test was not my strongest. That being said I felt a little bit more prepared taking the second ACT, but I seriously was so surprised at the amount of interval questions that were on this test. I am so grateful that I was exposed to intervals right before taking the ACT again, cause if I hadn't of had that exposure I would have bombed the math section. Thankfully though I was able to answer those questions confidentially and with my new scores in, math was my second strongest portion.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that something you learned in this class was useful so quickly, even if it was for the ACT.

    ReplyDelete