Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shaun and Dillon Dev





Shaun’s conclusion: 
For my Dev project I chose a solving rationales problem and a quadratics problem and Dillon and I worked together on a grouping problem. I chose the solving rationales problem because I understood it well and it seemed to be a harder concept for others. I chose the quadratics problem because I wanted some review on quadratics and I wanted to make sure I could still write problems in terms of y. we did the grouping problem together because it took us a while to come up with the problems. I thought that these problems cover what we learned because I did a problem that was easy for me; one that was more difficult that I needed review for it and then one that took both of us to create. From this project I learned that in class we do a good job of always using our previous units so we don’t forget anything. This project was a good review for any small things that I might have forgot how to do. I also learned that it is much easier solving problems then it is to create them because to create them we pretty much had to start with an answer and work our way back to what the starting problem would be.

Dillon's conclusion 
                       For my Dev project I worked with my partner Shaun on 5 problems.  We split up the work a little bit and did 2 problems each and the last one together.  I did a dividing by polynomials problem and a rational problem that is made into a graph and the last problem we worked together on was a grouping problem.  Overall I chose to do these to problems because I felt that they had a lot of little things in them that if you messed up then you would kind of screw up the problem and felt I needed to work on this.  In the long run the project was a bit difficult but pushed Shaun and I to get creative and think about these problems from a different perspective than we have before.  This became more interesting because on problems like dividing polynomials it became a lot more difficult to make a problem because making a division problem starting from the answer and going back is a lot more difficult than it should be, but helped me see a lot more small mistakes I had made in previous answers.  I think that is project was well worth doing because it helped us look back at problems and refer to our notes a lot and kind of reviewed the old problems we have not done in awhile.  In class I feel that we do a great job on reviewing past material that we learn and that this project will be very helpful for the exam.



No comments:

Post a Comment