Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tori, Hannah and Nathan DEV

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55848637/DEV%20project.pptx
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55848637/DEV.docx

Nathan Reflection:
I felt that this project allowed me to go back through previous units and remember why we did certain things and how we did those.  Looking at problems from the point of creation makes you think more about the process and helps you understand what you are supposed to be doing.  I liked how we could work with groups and they could give you feedback on how to improve your problems and solve them.  This project gave me a great review of previous units and allowed me the freedom to apply these concepts into real-life situations. 

Hannah's reflection:
The main reason that I chose these problems was because I felt that I excelled at these topics. I wanted to choose topics that I thought I could explain and teach the best. Also, I wanted to cover as many units as possible for a better review. Since these problems cover multiple topics, it shows that I understand the material and can teach others, not just do things because Mr. Jackson said it works. I learned quite a bit from this assignment. I already understood each unit individually but having to put them together into one project and explain each was a great review. However, I did not like the pressure of using different media tools. I felt more concerned about earning bonus points with creativity than the actual work. Overall, I felt the project provided a great review.

Tori's reflection:
I chose the concepts I did for my problem set because I felt I was good at farmer Ted problems and graphing polynomials. I understood the concepts and enjoyed doing the problems. The problems provide an overview of my mathematical understanding because in this project you had to explain the concept and prove that it worked and not just because Mr. Jackson said so. I definitely learned that explaining why concepts work is very difficult. I will now have more respect for teachers because explaining why material works is very hard.

1 comment: