Sunday, March 3, 2013

Afsheen, Meg, Colleen D.E.V. Project

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgax2t99obw18lu/D.E.V%202.zip?m

Instructions:
Download ZIP file from DropBox
Extract 2 files from ZIP file
Open PowerPoint
Enable editing
Play PowerPoint
(This way, you can hear the music!! Or should be able to...)


Colleen:
                I chose the two concepts of polynomials and radicals because I understood the polynomials the best and understood the radicals the second best. This made the difficult task of coming up with two problems slightly easier. These two units came naturally to me and I enjoyed working with them very much. From this project I learned that making the problems is so much easier than solving them.

Meg:
                I chose to create problems using the polynomial unit and the quadratic unit. I chose the polynomial unit because that was the unit that I understood the most. I chose the quadratic unit because I understood it the least and needed to review some of the concepts. Although I did not fully understand the quadratic unit, I used the one concept that I understood the most for my problem. I really enjoyed the polynomial unit and thought it would be a fun way to incorporate Hawkeye's character. This project was really fun and I enjoyed working with my group. I found it a very fun and challenging way to review the different math concepts we learned this trimester.

Afsheen:
                I chose to recreate problems from the Functions Basics unit and from the Quadratic Functions unit. I chose an expansion problem from the Functions Basics unit because I felt I needed more practice in that. With so many variables to F.O.I.L. out, more and more practice with that would be helpful, despite the fact that it is a basic skill. I chose a completing the square problem from the Quadratic Functions unit because this is a series of steps that I forget if I don’t practice it enough. Because I sat down and thought about what I was creating, and how to explain it, I believe it will stay in my brain a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment