Sunday, February 24, 2013

B.O.B-moment of clarity

For this unit things seemed a little murky for me, there was nothing that I was really certain about. I had a mild understanding of graphing, adding, dividing, multiplying, and subtracting rationales but I had trouble solving. This was the most difficult thing for me to understand. I know it's not very hard to find a common denominator to multiply everything by, but I found it confusing. I didn't realize that you didn't  have to always  multiply the rationale  by the same fraction. I guess that was common sense, but I take some rules too seriously. I also had to solve some problems more than once because I kept forgetting some steps. One of the steps I forgot was distributing the leftover fraction. I had trouble with this issue working on one of the problems. I had erased my work and started over at least twice on this problem with no luck of solving for x. I leaned over to a friend and asked him to look at my work. He pointed out that I forgot to distribute the leftover fraction to my numerator. I was like "ohhh" I should have realized that from the beginning. Although, I feel that I have improved from the beginning of the trimester, there are still a lot of things I have to improve on. I hope the D.E.V. project will help clarify some thing for me.

Thu

1 comment:

  1. Keep working hard and I know it'll pay off! Let me know what I can do to help your understanding!

    ReplyDelete